Logo is an integral part in delivering the branding of our business because it is serves as the frontline in carrying the mark of our company. Indeed, the design of any logo must incorporate all the ideologies of a certain business. Before launching a homepage, companies allot an ample time in coming up with the perfect logo design. Furthermore, a logo design must be supports a company’s product or service; hence, it is imperative that we must determine the important guidelines in coming up with the supreme logo design that will suit our business.
Uses of a Logo
Logos can be used in websites, business cards, brochures, leaflets, pamphlets, social networking sites, business signs and stickers, fax forms, letter heads, invoices, and many others. In a gist, logo design is all around us.
Things You Have To Consider Before You Design a Logo
- You have to know your audience. Find out what can capture the attention of your audience to make them engage on your business.
- Perform a preliminary online research as to what type of logo designs have been very successful and what designs were not effective. This way, you will avoid the designs that will not be beneficial to your business and focus on the ones that will surely be profitable.
- Never ever imitate the logo of other companies. It will show your audience that you are not a trustworthy company.
- Be conscious of cultural differences that exist amongst your audiences. It is imperative that you take into consideration the designs that may offend other cultures; thus, your logo design has to be neutral in all aspect. Always remember that you are making your business known to a lot of people via the internet and the net is a very powerful tool in transmitting your message to the whole world.
- Do not confuse your logo with your brand. Your logo is a compacted image of your business while the brand profile encompasses a much broader aspect of your business.
The Top 10 Essential Guidelines
- Make sure you properly use a vector. A vector is a good “in-between” stage of a logo design. It is moving on to the technical aspect of your logo design. See to it that you can resize your vector to as big as you ever want without sacrificing the quality—enlarged logos must not be pixilated. Your logos must be flexible enough to still look appealing in any size they should be made.
- You must use only two colors and fonts. Do not make your logos too complicated for your viewers to understand. Logos packed with various colors might be annoying to the eyes. The same goes with fonts—always remember to keep it simple.
- Your logo must be readable and recognizable. If your logo contains some texts, make it readable by the viewers and if it has some drawings, make it visible as well.
- Spend an ample time in coming up with your logo. You can create various sketches on several ideas you have for a logo design. Keep all of them and perhaps you can mix and match other designs to come up with the ultimate logo design.
- Never use photos as part of a logo. They cannot be fully manipulated if you have to trace something from that photo in order for it to look like a logo.
- You must design a logo that can be versatile. Meaning, it will still shine when put on a dark or a light background. It is also advisable that come up with a black and white version of the logo.
- Do not get trendy with your logo design. You must see to it that trends don’t last for a long time…they become extremely popular for a short time and then die out naturally. Design a logo that can withstand the test of time—a logo that will still have that engaging factor even after 10 or 20 years.
- It is important that you like your logo. If you do not like the design of your logo, then, don’t expect that others will also like it. As a result, you must spend sufficient time in designing your logo.
- Do not make your logo too complicated by incorporating a lot of details. As mentioned earlier, always keep it simple. The last thing you want is to have a logo that is not recognizable by your viewers.
- Gather valuable feedback from people whom you know can give you a constructive feedback about your logo design. They can provide useful suggestions on how you can modify your logo.
Before designing your company logo, you must take into consideration the useful tips outlined above to ensure the success of your logo design.
Arnabi is a graduate of Bachelor of Business Administration Major in Management and has written a lot of articles and informational essays about the latest online products and logo design services.